I cannot believe this is an ACTUAL nightmare (not technically a nightmare, although it woke me up, because I was not scared but because I was SO AGGRAVATED, what would that be called? an aggravamare?)
Also, obviously I am reading too much about politics. I had a dream that I watched a speech by President Obama in which he essentially said "People! There is no infrastructure fairy! If we want stuff like bridges and levees and public schools and firefighters you have to PAY TAXES, these services do not come about through magic, and if you benefit from them a lot like say, how corporations benefit from infrastructure, corporations need to pay their share too….and also! Health care! If you are scared about HINI and you are opposed to health care reform, you have no understanding of how pandemics work, and you should stop and think about why it is a bad idea to want to maintain a broken health care system and yet also not want a pandemic. Has no one heard of herd immunity?” (Although now that I am awake, I am not sure that that concept applies in this case, but in the dream I was very sure it was relevant. So in this whole aggravamare about people not being factually accurate, I was not also not being factually accurate either...gahhhh. However, in my defense, I was ASLEEP.)
Expect he said it all more eloquently and Obama like, and for some reason my dream was very specific that this speech happened in Philadelphia because there was some sort of Philadelphia specific sport reference, that EVEN IN MY OWN DREAM I did not get.
And then, in my dream, after the speech I read commentary about the speech and that commentary either made NO SENSE, it was all yell-y or otherwise histrionic , and you can't just make up stuff when you disagree with policy, you need to use actual facts (true facts even) to disagree and then I got SO MAD I WOKE UP AT 7 AM ON A SATURDAY WHEN I DID NOT HAVE TO, and I could not go back to sleep, that is what I am truly aggravated about, and now I must complain to the Internet.
How to get an overview of a discipline
-
Use Google to find the major associations for your field. Try searching for:
- association "name of field"
Often the major associations in your field wi...
15 years ago

2 comments:
You woke up at 7 AM on a Saturday? How wonderful. I love being up early to get a start on the day.
It was TRAGIC. Luckily, I calmed down and was was able to nap at about 10:30
Post a Comment